Friday, February 27, 2015

When the husband is away...

I will sit on the couch. for about 8 hours straight. Except for pee/food breaks which are...well, let's be honest, pretty frequent.

Let me clarify. I'm not doing both of those at the same time. Those are separate breaks.

Chris went on kind of a last-minute, yet somewhat planned cross country training flight this weekend. He didn't really know where he was going until yesterday but it worked out pretty well. He flew to Tampa, an incredibly busy airport. His aunt and uncle live there as well, so I believe they are going to lunch tomorrow.

I was thinking I'd be working Saturday and Sunday and the weekend would fly by, but I was wrong. I work Saturday only. I need to keep myself busy on Sunday. As you well know, I love my husband. Kind of obsessed, actually, And pregnant Moriah is very emotional and needs to smell him almost as much as she needs to breathe.

So, with the disgusting amount of television I watched today, I cried off an on. I didn't do any chores. I threw myself a pity party on the couch. I did spend a fair amount of time trying to find things to wear for my maternity photo shoot that will happen when I go home at the end of March.

That's right! I'm going home at the end of March for almost two weeks. I am planning on driving up to northern Minnesota with my family to see the Lindemoen side for a couple of days, driving back to spend the weekend in Omaha, and then who knows for the rest of the time being. I know we are doing maternity photos at some point. I'm hoping I have enough time to see everyone that wants to stop by!

My brain doesn't work that well anymore. And yes that is my segue.

You know that part of your brain that says, "You shouldn't do that. That's stupid and you're going to get hurt."? That doesn't work well when you're pregnant. That part of my brain didn't warn me how stupid it was that my knife was pointed toward my hand while slicing an avocado the other night. Had I stabbed myself just a centimeter over, or harder, I'd definitely have stitches. Luckily, Chris was home to hear me mutter, "Oh s**t." He came into the kitchen and helped me control the bleed.

Knives, honestly, haven't been my friend lately. Which brings us to EPIC PREGNANCY MELTDOWN NUMBER FOUR (I'm not actually keeping track, that just sounds about right). I had made Chris dinner and we were sitting down to eat and watch The Walking Dead. Chris took the plate from me, where I had stupidly placed a steak knife on the edge. He barely moved and the knife (new, from Christmas, sharp as hell) went tumbling off and toward my foot which luckily, I am still quick enough to move out of the way. Naturally, I took this as a personal, aggressive attack meant to chop off my toes because HE DOESN'T LOVE ME EVEN THOUGH I AM CARRYING HIS CHILD.

(Please read above with outrageous pregnancy hormones at your helm.)

This sent me back to the kitchen in a sobbing fit. The boy has it figured out at this point. He doesn't have to say anything. He just has to wrap me up in a huge hug and wait it out. He learns quickly. Thankfully, he did just that and the epic meltdown resolved. 

Today mom asked me, "Do you remember..."

"No." The answer is always no. Tiny one sucks all of the brainpower. And what's left I use at work. That means there is absolutely none left. Which is why I revealed the baby's sex on Facebook and about an hour later was like, "Huh. Maybe I shouldn't have written that."

Dumb.

I've heard it doesn't really get better, which is kind of terrifying.

I told my boss that I won't be coming back to work after I have the baby. We'll be moving, hopefully, sometime in August or September, and I don't plan on leaving the little one until I have to. I'm also not overly thrilled with the idea of going back to a job I'm not totally in love with. Don't get me wrong, we have our good days and bad days at work. But I feel that we are understaffed and it's exhausting. I don't love it enough to leave someone at home that is part me and part Chris.

I'm glad we've made these decisions. It feels like we are getting closer to our due date! We crossed into double digits on Thursday. DOUBLE DIGITS, people. Soon we will be down to just three months.

Hopefully, Chris gets better at math, because he told an instructor last month that I was six months pregnant and we only had 2.5 months to go. He was stressing. I said, "Honey. I'm five months pregnant. You have four months to relax. Breathe."

You could SEE him relax.

I was so glad to finally go to the doctor this week and have a foot problem taken care of. I've had some major pain in my foot, right on the pad I run on. I had dug something out awhile back, and it came out. It got kind of better, and then steadily worse. I was very irritated that it was slowing and stopping my running. It's hard enough to run when you're pregnant! Your stomach muscles get sore and for me, my gastrointestinal system hates running. I feel quite ill once I finish running. Always. But I still do it, because I need to exercise. Labor is, supposedly, much easier if you're exercising at least 30 minutes a day. I mean, work is 12 hours walking and on my feet, but it's not enjoyable. Running used to be such a joy for me! Hopefully, I can get back to that someday. Anyway, I went to the doctor and she dug into my foot until it bled. and I felt so much relief not only from pain, but pressure. I am so thankful for that.

I still see the chiropractor every week. My tension headaches are under control and he gets rid of the lower back pain that comes with lugging around a soccer-ball sized uterus and 1.5 pounds of baby. And yes, I do know this will get worse. I like to ask him questions about his wife's pregnancy because she recently had a baby. He recommended that I don't get into the hospital bed until I am totally ready, because they always made his wife stay in the bed once she got in it. He also said to make sure I eat before I go to the hospital, because they won't feed me if I'm in labor. I asked if his wife got an epidural, because I desperately do not want one. I have read about epidurals that don't take, that take too long, that wear off too fast, that only go down one leg, and that leave back pain for YEARS, not to mention spinal headaches. These are things that I feel are preventable, and I want to avoid. He said his wife got an epidural for their second child, and it only worked on side. He also hinted that he has a few patients that come in with back pain from epidurals.

No thanks. 

I might regret that later, but for now, that's where I stand.

I signed Chris and I up for birthing class and breastfeeding class. He wasn't sure that he needed to go to breastfeeding class and I told him he needed to in case I forget anything. Which, I do. I forget things all of the time now. I'm going to need him to be my backup memory.

Lots to do in  little time! I've started to wash clothes, now, so let's all pray that he is indeed, a boy.

Well, I'm going to bed early. Because I can. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment