Friday, November 14, 2014

Chili's

Listen up here, people. This blog post is gonna get real. It's really gonna put it all out there. I promised myself that I would be HONEST when I was blogging throughout this pregnancy, and this will be one of the worst. I'll save the ugliness for the end.

Spoilers aside, I am exhausted. We are still down to one vehicle, so Chris had to pick me up last night from work. People took WAY too long for report, so I made him sit in the car for half an hour. I felt terrible. I convinced him to go to Chili's for dinner with me. I ordered a burger and honestly, I was so tired that I just quit eating because it was too much work to lift my burger to my mouth. I wish I was joking. I'm supposed to work four days in a row next week, and I honestly don't think I can do it. This was the first time I felt REALLY pregnant. I am so glad to have a couple of days off.

Veteran's Day was spent together, a nice change since Christopher was on duty ALL day last year. We went out for a couple of our meals that day; I like to make sure that waiters/waitresses are properly tipped because often times that with free food, we forget we should still tip on the full amount. :) We had our second baby appointment so we went to iHop for brunch before the appointment. We were in a rush, but totally could have taken our time. My doctor was in a delivery and nearly an hour and fifteen minutes late. The time didn't seem to take too long, though, with Christopher being my entertainment until the doctor got there. It was worth the wait because for the first time, we heard our baby's heartbeat. We saw it at out last appointment, just a tiny flicker on the screen. It was so neat to hear it, although the radio was loud in the exam room and our doctor asked, "Do you hear it?"

"No, I hear Usher."

"Oh. Well listen again."

Then I heard it loud and clear. Nothing else mattered. I asked Chris, "Do you hear it, honey?" He did. He was in love, just like me. I could tell by the sound of his voice.

This is where my beautiful words melt away and I tell you what happened after lunch. This is your final warning to STOP here and not read further, because if you are a bad, "judgey" person you will honestly never look at me the same again.

Moving on.

There is an event on base in early December for Chris' squadron and their spouses. I get to wear his flight suit and see what he does all day. I even get my own patch with a "call sign" on it.

That rotten husband of mine decided that he would have my patch made with the call sign, "Chili's" on it. And this is why. We went out to Chili's for our second meal of the day. Chris ate for free and I got some lunch as well. Lunch was good. I thought my sweet potato fries were a little underdone but I can't complain too much. (Considering I eat everything in sight most days.)

WELL, on the way home, I told Chris I didn't feel well and started crying. He asked, "What's wrong". I looked at him and said, "I honestly don't know if I am going to throw up or crap my pants." He said, "What should I do?" I tried to (but failed) to say nicely, "Get me home. Don't talk to me. Don't touch me. And DON'T get in my way."

When we got home, he jumped out of the car and ran to open doors for me, but to no avail. I did not make it to my destination.

I am sorry to say that my husband witnessed something I didn't think he would see for another 70 years or so.

It was so unfortunate. And when our baby is an awful teenager, crying that he or she hates me, I will tell him what he put me through while he (or she) was just the size of a fig.

No comments:

Post a Comment