Wednesday, November 5, 2014

More Pregnancy Tell-Alls

My mom sent me an article the other day about a some mother-runner who runs 40-60 miles a week, 8-minute miles, at 8 months pregnant or something crazy like that. What stuck out in the article for me (besides the immediate drop in satisfaction with my week's 13 miles run), was that if I don't run for 1 week or greater, I might as well stop running because a pregnant body changes so much in that amount of time you won't be able to continue.

Um, ok, whatever silly article.

A couple of days later? Suddenly all of my joints are popping like bubble wrap, hips included. Hello, sciatica? What is this shooting pain down the right side of my rear, making me bend over with a hand on my back in my best elderly impression? No. This can't be happening.

The other surprising new symptom? Dizziness. Orthostatic hypotension. God forbid I spring out of bed, because if I do, I won't get very far. Luckily, something, or some dog is never far away.

The 239th Marine Corps Birthday Ball is this weekend in Corpus. We've got a dogsitter, a hotel, and great friends to spend it with. I'm wearing my dress from my cousin's wedding this summer. It should have enough wiggle room for this expanding belly of mine, still be comfortable, and look decent next to Chris. When the boys are in their blues, I feel like I become more like a...well-placed accent piece. I mean, Chris in his blues? My favorite.

We've been down to one car since selling the Jeep last week. I remember thinking, "Oh, this won't be a problem! It will be so easy to figure out who needs the car and when!" Wrong. Cranky-pants had to pick me up from the nail salon yesterday because I had gone to get my toenails done for this weekend. He had explained to me previously that he could just paint them for me. I asked if that included the massage and callous removal, he said it wouldn't. I didn't have to explain any further. Yes, so, cranky pants had to come pick me up. It's funny, because I'm not cute when I'm cranky. I'm just a monster. But when Chris is cranky? He's adorable. I just want to pinch his cheeks.

He's gone all day today. Which means no car for me, not that I had plans anyway. He has two simulators AND he has to practice to be in the sword ceremony for the Birthday Ball. This puts him away all day long. I should be getting lots done, but as you can read, I'm just blogging instead. And watching MasterChef Junior, trying to figure out how to jump-start the fetus as a professional chef.

I wonder at what point "the fetus" will be referred to as "the baby" or something more? For now, the fetus sticks. It's what everyone here refers to, anyway.

Sheila and Allen have picked out their "grandparent" names. Sheila will be called "Bubbi", which is Czech and what her great-great grandmother was called. Allen will be called "Papa".  They don't need to be different, I just think it will be easier than always trying to say "Grandma Lindemoen"/"Grandma Lazoritz".

I've got my temporary nursing license ready to go, just in time as my compact license from Nebraska expired. Now on to the next part of the getting [yet another] nursing license in another state. Luckily, Texas is a compact state. Unfortunately, they need more from me to get the permanent license. I will probably use the temporary as long as possible before getting the permanent license. With the baby coming along, I probably won't be working past early May, of course that depends on how I feel and how we're doing on our Jeep payments. ;)

It would also be very hard to go back to work in the few short months here before we move on to the next place. I want to be home with the baby! At least for a few months. Chris understands. He'd be a stay-at-home dad if he could. It looks Chris will "wing" here in Texas in about August or September, and depending on space at the next step, we will move whenever they have space for him! It sounds like our friends that are in the Navy often end up sitting around for a couple of months waiting for the next step. Chris and I are ready for the next step. Now. South Texas is pretty gross, although I admit the weather is fairly nice here. We are supposed to get rain for the next three days, though, which is unfortunate, considering we sold the Jeep and Chris had to rescue me from the rain last time it rained like this. I will probably be at work for the next couple of days, though, so it shouldn't affect us too much.

Now that I'm further into MasterChef Junior, I've decided that they should have MasterChef Pregnant, and just watch all the to-be-moms gag over raw chicken as they try to decide what might sound good to other people, let alone themselves.

I'm now bawling because all the little kids went to hug another kid because her chicken was raw and she is totally going home.

HORMONES.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE MasterChef Junior!
    Your blog is hilarious BTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this I watched the raw chicken incident on Masterchef. Coincidence, I think not.

    ReplyDelete