Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Boy or Girl?

Unless you have been one of privileged few to know early (or saw my pregnant-brain slip-up on Facebook), you're still waiting to find out if we're having a baby boy or a baby girl.

Since I am 20 weeks along on Friday, we had our halfway ultrasound today.

According to our early gender test, something we paid a little extra for at about 11 weeks, we were going to have a boy. Our justification for paying for the test was that we could save money on baby gear and clothes by watching sales. It's worked! We have tons of stuff. And I managed to find a crib for free, so all we had to do was scrape off stickers, sand it, and paint it. We will also have to buy a mattress. So, we have been not-so-patiently waiting for the sonogram because we are the type of people that need to see proof in order to really believe something.

My mother and I promised each other that we would NOT go crazy buying a bunch of clothes and things for the baby until we knew with absolute certainty that it was a boy. As you can see, that worked out super well, and Sheila Marie Lindemoen did not buy two years' worth of clothing for our child.
Notice there are two flight suits and three flight jackets.

Chris had to talk to the duty officer so they wouldn't schedule him during the ultrasound or doctor's appointment. Ultrasound was on the schedule, so when someone asked "ultrasound for what?" he said, "I need to go see how big my kid's wiener is." That's right, folks, while I had been telling people we were going to see a wiener on Wednesday, Chris was talking about how big it was. Since that matters so, so much.

WELL, we saw a wiener today. It's there. We are having a baby boy.

I am in awe of him already. I never thought I'd be in love with two boys at one time, but I have my husband and this perfect, amazing, beautiful baby boy. We were in absolute awe of him today, watching him squirm. On the way to the appointment, I turned down the radio to tell Chris I was nervous. Nervous, that they wouldn't find a heartbeat, or that they would tell us he wasn't doing well because I've only felt him kicking once. I know it's still early, but I have been worried because most people on the baby boards said they had felt kicking by 20 weeks.

We found out why today; I have an anterior placenta, meaning the baby essentially has a body pillow he is kicking in the front, and not me. My friend that is also pregnant and has an anterior placenta said that she didn't feel much kicking either, until about 23 weeks. Since then it hasn't stopped. So maybe I should enjoy the next three weeks of not being pummeled while I try to sleep. Since I haven't felt him move, I didn't think he was very active. In the sonogram, though, he proved me totally wrong. He would barely sit still for the tech to get pictures. It was just amazing to watch his little fists flying.

I could have sat in the sonogram all day and just watched him. I couldn't believe the way his little body moved. Tiny fists beating and long legs kicking like a frog. The doctor came into the sonogram room to watch and his first observation was "That is a long baby. Look at that neck." The sonogram tech also commented 3 times on how long he was. Baby boy Lazoritz is also measuring at 12 ounces, which is a little ahead of the "norm" according to my baby app. 

Chris was a big boy at 9 pounds, 1 ounce, so we will probably be having a big boy no matter what.

I could go on and on about watching his heart beat, and seeing his little bladder and kidneys, but all that matters is he seems to be a very healthy, long boy who I know is going to be perfect in every way and never make me mad. (Ha!)

We have been all smiles, all day. And we are totally in love. 










No comments:

Post a Comment