Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More Than Nightmares

Have you ever noticed that things are a lot scarier when your significant other isn't around.

For instance, I am terrified of getting snuck up on while vacuuming, but at least when my husband is home I know he is the one sneaking up on me. The same goes for blow-drying my hair. There is something especially terrifying about bending over with your hair flipped over your eyes and hoping no one sneaks up on you. Also, when you see a bug and you aren't sure if its inside of your window or out of it.

It also makes you stronger. It means that you suck it up when that bug IS on the inside and you kill it. And you vacuum but keep one hand clenched in a fist--same goes for blow-drying your hair. I can't really help the nightmares; they come and go as they like.

I will say that the house stays a lot cleaner with only me here. No trails of dirty clothes or chin hairs in the sink. Also, I could live off of thirty dollars of groceries a week, but I don't know that Chris could last more than two days with that.

I have been trying to keep myself busy. I've been hanging out with one of the wives who just got here this week. She had to finish up some school stuff. I've been able to introduce her to some of the other girls.Last night we had a Master Chef competition, and the rules were that you had to make something from home! So I made homemade Runzas and homemade Twin Bings. I also bought KoolAid to bring along, but I completely forgot it at home. I didn't win, but I did get first place in presentation. :)

Dammit. What am I going to do with 20 Kool-Aid packs?

Oh that's right, my man child comes home tomorrow late or early Thursday. And then we get to go to D.C.! And it's my most favorite holiday ever!

I am determined to get back in half marathon shape. I ran 6.3 miles this morning, but it needs to be more! It was slow and I am so incredibly sore now. I had to soak my feet in Epsom Salt because they were hurting bad when I got home. I definitely have some blisters on the way as well. I was already sore from weightlifting yesterday. Chris will be proud when he comes home, though. :)

Tonight the spouses are getting together for a dinner at a sub place and then going to see Monsters University. I am very excited to go see it since we didn't go on my birthday. Plus I get to hang out with some of my most favorite people.

For now, I desperately need a nap. I don't sleep well when Chris is gone. I mean, he wakes me up all of the time between stealing the covers and accidentally hitting me, but I don't mind because he looks so cute when he sleeps. And he smells good. And he is great at cuddling.

Sigh, I need to stop before the mush takes over.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. Have I not always told you that you better start talking to me at least 10 feet away when I am vacuuming? Never, ever come up and touch us while vacuuming or drying the hair, as we might just deck you. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete