Friday, August 9, 2013

Exhausted by 1000

I decided not to go back to sleep today when Chris left for work. So I have been cleaning ever since. Sheila will be so proud when I tell her about all the cleaning I have done.

I can't decide if it's a good thing that my mom was a clean freak or not, because every time I think I'm done cleaning I put my Sheila eyes on and suddenly it looks like I'll just have to attach a rag to my hand. It's going to be a very busy next few weeks-this weekend a couple of our friends from Omaha who are training at Quantico are going to come over and spend a little time here with us. I'm hoping to cook a good meal for them and let them relax!

Next weekend, Katie comes from Omaha to stay with us because her boyfriend, Brandt graduates from his senior session of OCS. I'm hoping to show her around town and base a little bit. And just two short weeks after that, Mom, Nick, and Dad fly in! And they get to stay a little over a week. I am so excited to have them here, but also nervous because I want the house to look nice for their stay.

So, today, I scrubbed all the kitchen appliances, toilets, hardwood floors, windows, doors, shampooed some carpets, dusted all the woodwork, did the dishes, cleaned out the pantry and fridge, vacuumed, and I'm not done yet so I know there will be more.

The boys leave again next week for a field experience which means Chris will be gone and without his phone yet again. I am hosting a little Master Chef party on Tuesday and Wednesday night there will be a presentation of the Marine Corps Band here. Lots to do and little time!

My latest paycheck made me very happy so somewhere in here I need to get some more hours. I LOVE contributing to the bank account. It makes me feel so important! I do feel that I lack in the cleaning, cooking, and doggy-loving though with all of the hours I put in.

Tonight we are going to see Trace Adkins with our fellow couples and some single Marines. I have heard that Trace can be a really big jerk, but if he plays "Every Light In The House", "(This Ain't) No Thinkin' Thing", or "I Left Something Turned On At Home" I will forgive him. Especially since the last one is basically the theme song for TBS, or the Marine Corps in general, for wives.

Ruby is locked in her kennel for a while because she has decided she will not be Furminated today, which means I am not going to have her running around leaving little clouds of poofies all over my newly vacuumed and scrubbed floor. Nalli got her nails trimmed today and was able to enjoy four snacks for being so cooperative. Her duck is locked away because she decided to rip out its "soul" (what most people refer to as the squeaker) even though she and I had JUST had a conversation about not ripping out the stuffing.

Rotten animals.

I hope it doesn't rain at the concert tonight, but I do hope it cools down. The past week and a half has been in the 80s and it has been so enjoyable. When it gets hot here I just want to go home. Nebraska heat feels entirely different and about a thousand times more bearable.

I am a cruel person. Chris' cousin CJ owns a farm and sent me a video of his vet lancing an abcess on a calf last night. He told me to show it to Chris, so I tried to do so after serving him strawberry and cream cheese Toaster Strudels this morning. He refused to watch it, and it's probably good because I wouldn't have been able to eat mine either. That is not a pretty video.

Sometimes when I am running around trying to get the garbage out to the curb (Chris' job) I like to pretend I'm Santa. Especially when I have one of the really big garbage bags. And then I hear beer bottles clang against each other and think I probably wouldn't make a very good Santa.

Anyway, this cleaning fairy is off to dust a shelf or something.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Good post, Miss Mo!

    Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I don't care if your house is clean. I just miss your face.

    ReplyDelete