Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ups and Downs

I have had to keep thinking happy thoughts all day because work was not fabulous by any means. Being PRN is great, but sometimes it sucks because you come in and you have to sweep up what someone else left behind. And sometimes the people before you don't do everything they were supposed to so you have to try and figure it out. Sometimes being a nurse is like being MacGyver...but usually it shouldn't be. It seems that everything hits the fan when nobody is around to help, so of course when I realized I needed a whole bunch of things I didn't have, nobody was around to help me find it or explain how to use it.

Being  a new nurse is super fun sometimes.

Luckily it all worked out and at the end of the day I was calm, collected, and caught up. I got home, cleaned up, and then headed over to my friend's for wine and a movie. We had about 9 bottles and cracked open a few of them. We watched Steel Magnolias because the girl from Missouri and the girl from Georgia hadn't seen it. C'mon now! I think everybody loved it.

Or maybe it was the wine.

Regardless, it made me miss my mom.

Ruby is standing at the end of my bed staring at me like she has been possessed by the devil.

I can't stand that dog.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for good friends. And wine. Steel Magnolias is the best.

    So is wine. ;)

    And just remember, some people are just "PIGS FROM HELL!"

    I will see you in 9 sleeps!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete