Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sundays Aren't For Blogging


Izzy-2013 Dance Recital-Age 5












Madeline-2013 Dance Recital-Age 8








I normally don't post on the weekend. Weekend is Christopher time but tonight I just can't fall asleep. Virginia is kind of weird. It's weird that it's only 2130 at home and here I am doggone tired. We went out with some of our friends last night to eat and have some drinks. We met up at Amber's because the boys had to study (boo!) while the girls hung out and drank (yay!). They got about an hour and a half in before it was time to EAT. I am pretty sure we all got a giant greasy burger. It was just one of those nights. I was excited to introduce my friends to MIDORI, the most amazing liquer ever invented. We also drank some delicious local beers. We controlled the jukebox for a little while, Austin got to play some Steel Panther; it was a good night. Chris and I won two games of pool by default (thank goodness, because this girl SUCKS at pool). After we were done at the bar, someone mentioned froyo. We were on it like stink on garbage. Cotton candy froyo is (one of) my (many) weakness(es). I thought Christopher might have a tantrum when he figured out there were no peanut butter flavors, but he survived.

We partied all night and got home at an ungodly hour. Man 2200 comes way too fast when you're having fun! Seriously, on the way home Chris and I looked at each other and said, "Oh my goodness. I am so tired." And then we laughed because it was 10. When did we get so OLD?!

Christopher brought home some cold bug on Friday and I babied him aaaaaaaaaaaaall weekend, but go figure, now I have it, too. I love my husband very much, and I think that boy is so tough, but not when it comes to being sick. I feel like I only let being sick interfere with my day when I am on my deathbed. I'm not saying Christopher didn't feel like crap all weekend, but I am saying that at one point in time he did shoot me a look and start pouting because the tea I made was "too hot". I think the nurse in me just thinks, "I've seen worse", so I can only feel so much empathy for him. Love you boo!

I cut his hair this morning. He thinks it's such a good idea for me to cut it because he doesn't have to go anywhere, or wait in line, or spend the $10 on the haircut itself. He was so excited when he realized we could save 520 dollars a YEAR but having me do his haircuts! Considering the fact that we argue EVERY SINGLE TIME I cut his hair, we might end up spending it on couples counseling.

I'm kidding, of course, because as soon as we get through the haircut and stop and look at each other, we usually kiss and start laughing at each other for arguing. It just doesn't help because every time Chris says, "I don't want a high and tight", he usually ends up with a high and tight. Not on purpose, but it's like we need to knock on wood whenever he says that.

I'm awake now because I was sitting upstairs dreaming about McDonald's. So I came downstairs to eat some leftovers and get over that. I think it's my body's way of saying, "You're sick. You need more calories."

We knew that moving out here meant we would miss out on a lot. It's not like something you can avoid, but I did get some photos of my gorgeous nieces today at their dance recital I had to share! I am very sad we missed out on that, but my sister-in-law got the video, so we will be able to watch it.

Truthfully, I wanted to go on and on about how much I love my mom for Mother's Day, but I think I'm going to save that until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you both feel better fast! Spring and summer colds are the worst. I do remember the arguing in the bathroom when there was a haircut going on when you were home-if that is the worst you ever argue about, you are good to go. :)

    Love the girl's pictures!

    ReplyDelete