Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Mush

My husband will tell you that I go through spurts of the type of person that I am, especially when he is gone. I can be mean. I can be overly sweet. I can be indifferent. Regardless, I always somehow manage to end back up at mushy.

I think a lot of factors play into the mush right now. Mostly it is that I miss Chris a lot; he has been gone for four days and our house is ridiculously quiet without him. Even if his breaking the silence includes belching and farting, at least it isn't so quiet. My 5-year-old nephew Eli had a little graduation ceremony today and we saw pictures, and so once again I am reminded of how much we are missing out on and it makes me very sad. I also had a nice long chat with my father-in-law and he had me cracking up. He told me earlier this week that it was really bothering him that he had no one at home to tease anymore. I guess he ended up taking that out on the poor nurses during his procedure last week.

I am drowning my lonely sorrows in a key lime soda and some chinese delivery.

Tomorrow is only a day away. My Christopher will be home, oh so soon, and I will annoy him with my clinginess and smotherings. And then he will look forward to another range week.

Our deck was "finished" today. It was nice to see the deck guy pack up his things and go, knowing he wouldn't be back. I was a bit sick of the mess and the drilling, and taking the dogs out to potty through the basement. It is much harder to corral them from down there. Unfortunately, when my landlord came over to look over the deck, he wasn't pleased. I hadn't noticed the shoddy handiwork until he pointed it out, but the guy just made some poor building decisions. Like, a piece of wood, holding up another piece of wood, holding up stairs. That's not okay. Or a railing that's not quite long enough. Or weirdly shaped railing pieces with sawdust in the cracks so it didn't look so bad.

Regardless, my landlord took pictures and cc'd me on a nice e-mail. My landlords are nice but they don't take any crap, and it sucks that they are our first landlords because now I have insanely high standards for future landlords. We SO lucked out in Virginia.

Speaking of Virginia-I love it here. For more reasons than I can count, but mostly the friends I've made here and how happy Chris and I are here.

I had Chinese food delivered in and it was enough for like an entire week. If only my human garbage disposal/husband were home to clean up.

Regardless, I think I am going to slip into a food coma now. I hope I can coax the dogs to come inside. It is actually really nice outside so they are enjoying the weather!

A dreaded cicada is trying to smash through our deck doors. I am terrified.

I promise to write about our incredibly fun adventures at the on-base vet clinic tomorrow.

Oh, and I wrote a column and it is getting published. That's all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Moriah
    My name is Andrea :)
    I am a "new" (married 2 years, but only been living together for just over one - it's a long story) military spouse too.
    I am following your blog, as we seem to share quite a few similar irritants and attitudes.

    You have a good one!
    Keep writing!

    A
    (don't know why it says I am "unknown" as a google account! my website is theharmoniouscrow.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea!
    (That's my best friend's name, too!) I am so happy you found my blog and read it! I'm heading over to yours now! :) And I will keep writing-it is absolutely the best way to vent!
    -Moriah

    ReplyDelete