Friday, May 31, 2013

See You Soon

I am so proud of myself for keeping myself busy this week.

This morning Sarah picked me up at 0715 and we went running on base. We decided to run somewhere different, so we parked in the same area but started running the other direction. I think that the Marines standing in orange vests and the "PFT IN PROGRESS" sign should have warned us that maybe we should have picked a different area. But we are oblivious new military wives, so instead we started toward a sidewalk. We had barely taken a stride when we saw a bunch of Marines running toward us in PT gear. We pulled up short and changed direction quickly.

Once all the Marines were out of our sight, we started on another sidewalk. When we got to the end of the sidewalk, we realized the Marines were running in a circle and now they were approaching us once again. We awkwardly turned back the direction we came from. Then we decided we would just go out on the road like normal, but then we realized we would have to run next to the other runners in order to get there. Sarah picked out a slow one and we ran on the road while he ran on the sidewalk. We were careful not to pass him because we don't want to cause a scene.

We felt like such dorks. Like lost little rodents running around trying to avoid being stepped on.

We ended up running 4.12 miles at a great pace so it was worth it. :)

When I got back to the house, I knew I really needed to get my new plants in the ground before they all died. My cucumber and lettuce seeds decided that they did not want to be fruitful and never popped up, so I replaced them with strawberries, zucchini, and more corn. It was so hot that sweat was dripping off of my nose. It was disgusting.

I watered the bed SO well, and just a few hours later it was completely dried out. It is unbelievable!

In the front of the house, I dug up the yucky tulips (with my landlord's permission of course). They are actually my landlord's son's tulips, so they are going to plant them at their new home. I desperately needed to weed, so that took me almost an hour to clean out. I planted some spikes, Gerbera daisies, snapdragons, and some other tall, red-blooming flower. These flowers don't get as much TLC because they aren't going to give me anything back. I just don't want to be that person on the block with the ugly yard!

After all of this I did some things around the house. Laundry, dishes, and put together the last of the IKEA purchases. I think I am IKEA'd out for a while. :) It was a lot of work putting all of that stuff together! I am just proud of myself because Chris didn't have to help AND he won't have to come home and fix anything for me! I did it all by myself and now I have a bookcase, sewing desk, chair, nightstand, and a 3-drawer roller.

IKEA is the most amazing place I have ever been. My friend Amber took me and she was SUCH a good tour guide. She helped me find everything I bought and offered great opinions. She had things she wanted as well, so we helped each other out! It is just so amazing how high the quality is and how much things cost. They have giant sections of small things you want to buy to fill your home and make it beautiful. Chris was okay with me spending what I did, but he wanted to see everything I got when he came home and surprised me Wednesday night. :)

He called me and said, "I have some bad news." I thought that meant he wasn't going to come home, so I was sad but started to say it was okay. He interjected with, "We have to get up at 0430. The bad news is that you have to make sure I get up in the morning."

I could not contain my excitement. I love that man. I love every second I get to spend with him. Even though he was so incredibly tired, he tried to talk to me a little while but he fell asleep with the light on. That's alright. I was happy just to be near him, smell him, and feel him next to me. He promised to leave the shirt he slept in for me when he left, and he did. It was just so I would have something to smell when he was gone again.

BACK to today. I finally got around to showering and getting ready for the evening. I was headed over to my friend Amber's to watch the Bachelorette. We had appetizers and wine and made fun of a bunch of people on the show. It was fabulous. The birth of "young eye" was tonight...coined by one of us girls. It's definitely one of those things I need to explain to my mom, and soon.

Chris just called to say he was showered up and waiting to be released. He has plans to go out to eat with the boys. I think it's crazy that these boys can be stuck together all week and still want to be together when it's all over. I think they have become really close and that is awesome.

I can't wait for him to come home! I need to make just a little more time pass in order to see him. :)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed kind of hard at you and Sarah meeting the Marines twice. Kind of like a movie scene! :P

    "Young Eye", huh? Can't wait to hear! LOL

    Great post! Enjoy your weekend and time with Chris.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete