Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday

This one might be short because I have a headache and a lot to do but here goes! This morning was actually on the chilly side. Chris mentioned, "Why is it always cold when we have to PT?" He's right; it's been chilly every morning he's had to. I went running with Sarah on base around 0900. We had to buy some sexy reflector belts to wear around our waist while we do so. We splurged for the pink ones. :) We ended up running over five miles, which is crazy considering I've hardly run lately. We ran at about a 10:00 minute pace and talked so much it didn't feel like we went all that far! We have a lot in common and she will be in Pensacola for Flight School as well, so it's nice to get to know her now because I am sure we will know each other for a very long time!

After that I went home to shower and get ready for lunch at noon with a lot of the spouses at El Gran Charro. The food was pretty good; I'd eat there again. What's really nice is the company. We swapped stories and laughed and had a great time. The majority of us stayed for three hours. It's funny how much I feel like we are all old friends already.

After that I had to run to Wal-Mart (oh, joy) for some things. My kitchen chairs make my butt hurt and since I spend a large chunk of my time sitting in them, I decided to get some chair cushions. I also bought some ingredients for cookies I plan on making tomorrow.

After two days of rain and one day of sun, I just looked out at my garden and realized the size of all of the plants has almost doubled. It is absolutely unbelievable how quickly things grow. I can't wait to see if I end up with a large crop at the end of the year.

I'm going running again tomorrow, and then the spouses are meeting up for FroYo in the afternoon. I'm excited to spend quality time with everyone again! I can't believe it is already Thursday. It's crazy how quickly the time goes when you're out having fun and making a home.

I can't wait to have Chris home all weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment