Monday, June 3, 2013

Busy

Did you know that my husband has never had a strawberry that wasn't bought in a store in his life?

You can imagine my excitement and pride when he tried a strawberry from the garden. The look on his face said it all-best strawberry he'd ever had. He had a look on his face like he had been lied to all of his life and just discovered the truth. I was awfully happy he liked it.

I have a bunch of kiwis ripening on my counter. I'm going to cut them up and dip them in dark chocolate and freeze them. He and I have been stuck on ice cream and other things that are bad for you for too long!

I was brave enough to go to the commissary on an empty stomach, but I returned home with an abundance of healthy food. I am proud of myself. Lately it has just been more important to eat right than not. Of course, today I kind of ate breakfast at 0400 with Chris and now that it is 1915 I have yet to eat anything else.

That's what happens when you wake up with your husband, can't get back to sleep, finally do, sleep in, get up to clean up and go hang out with friends, buy a Banjo How-To book and finally end your day at the commissary. Then you are just plain tired.

I'm making turkey pecan enchiladas for dinner and they should be fabulous so I am excited for that!

I mailed off my best friend Andrea's birthday present today (finally). I'm only about a month late, but she forgives me I'm sure. My birthday is in 18 days and I admit I'm dreading it. Mostly because it makes me more relatable to that Taylor Swift song. I am convinced that she saw all my nasty tweets and Facebook statuses about how annoying I find her, so she released that song this year in spite of me. I am also dreading it because I think a lot of people expect you to become a baby-making factory around this year, and I'm not ready for that. I am really enjoying spending time with my husband and making him happy. And taking care of those damn dogs.

Ruby has three pills left to evacuate her UTI. I think it worked because she doesn't smell nearly as bad.

I just held up a rutabaga in front of my husband and asked him what it was. His first response was "onion", his second was "piece of pottery". What a dork. He makes me so happy. I found myself listening to an old Kelly Clarkson song and wondering what it would have been like to know him back in the day. I think that he was a little too naughty for my goodie-two-shoes taste at the time, but I know he would have intrigued me. He used to have Kelly Clarkson as his cell phone ringtone. That would have made me laugh when I was in high school.

Well, I have nothing more to say. My husband is home and I will spend my evening with him, enjoying every last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment