Thursday, June 20, 2013

Friend Brag

I am so lucky. The people I have met here are amazing.

I am not excited to turn 23. I am going to be one of those people who says they are 29 for 10 years.

I think my biggest problem with this birthday is that I am not with my family. I am going to see Monsters University, but I won't get to watch it with my big brother Blaise over a bag of Skittles. (By "sharing" Skittles, what I actually mean is he will give me about two out of the whole bag. But that's okay.) It's just weird. Typically, Chris isn't around for my birthday. I think he has been around for only one! So it will be nice, just different. We are going to see Monsters University and then going to dinner at Park Lane Tavern. Why are coupons so much more awesome when you can use them on your birthday? I signed up for about 15 of them in the last couple of days.

Anyway, buy one get one free entree at Park Lane. They have a bunch of different beers, and I can't wait to try them! I hope they have some type of sampler because I LOVE trying lots of different things.

WELL! Because I am so NOT excited about my birthday, I hadn't really made plans of any kind for the day. I think I was just planning on letting it slip under the radar. The girls took it upon themselves to host a get-together for me with snacks tomorrow. How sweet is that?

They decided this while we sat out by the pool for four hours today. I am probably going to be poached tomorrow. And this weekend.

Chris won't care. He only cares that for once in my life, I am actually darker than he is.

(Insert segway here.)

There is a phenomenon here. It is called, "closet marriage", a term coined by our fellow Marine spouse (and only male), Ben. This is the term used when a couple is married (via courthouse or something like it) and only they know or a select few people know. This means that typically their parents are unaware of the situation, as are their siblings, relatives, friends, etc.

I guess my parents always know what I am up to. I don't hide things well. My mom could tell that I had held hands with one of my very first boyfriends before I had even realized what had happened.

I am going to the gym tomorrow with Janice. My feet are killing me! I guess since I have been running a little more and a little differently (sprinting on the treadmill) I suddenly have blisters. I guess I will be using the rowing machine tomorrow. Oh joy.

My friend Lisa's dad is in town. I didn't know I could be so jealous. She gets to go to dinner with her dad. It made me text mine and tell him I couldn't wait until he could come here to have dinner with me. He responded with, "Mom and I are counting the days". I thought it was cute and told mom, but I guess he had already told her the same thing.

Nalli and Ruby (the dogs) just got into an argument. I am fairly certain Ruby was talking smack about Nalli's favorite toy, because Nalli got mad and when I opened the door she ran straight for her toy. That Ruby. And that Nalli.

Chris was supposed to have an early night tonight.

HA!

This is the latest one we have had in awhile. I can't wait to snuggle him.


2 comments:

  1. closet marriages are pretty popular in the military.. I know of one on your base! Crazy though... I woudn't be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have at least three just in our company. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete